P V Sindhu Biography, Wiki, Age, Height & Net Income: Pusarla Venkata Sindhu popularly known as PV Sindhu is known to the world after her heroic performance in the Rio Olympic 2016. PV Sindhu made our head held sky high after being the first Woman to win an Olympic silver medal in the Brazil Rio Olympics 2016. Moreover, Sindhu is truly a pride of our Nation and the fifth female Olympic medalist of India.
However, PV Sindhu was first noticed when she was listed in the Top 20 Badminton players list by the Badminton World Federation in 2012. In 2013, she played first Indian women’s singles player and won a medal at the World Championships and the rest is history. Below is the complete PV Sindhu Biography including her wiki, personal info and net worth.
PV Sindhu Personal Info
|Full Name||Pusarla Venkata Sindhu|
|Profession||Indian Badminton player|
|Born||July 5, 1995|
|Age (as in 2016)||21 Years|
|Father||P. V. Ramana|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad, India|
|College||St. Ann’s College for Women, Mehdipatnam|
|Height||in centimeters- 179 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 65 Kg in Pounds- 150 lbs|
|International Debut||2009 Sub-Junior Asian Badminton Championships in Colombo|
P. V. Sindhu who earned everyone’s respect from 2016 Olympic Games Rio defeated the World No 2 Chinese Wang Yihan in the Quarter-finals. Although her Semifinal match was with the Japanese Nozomi Okuhara. Sindhu lost the Finals against World No. 1 Spanish Professional Badminton star Carolina Marin but has surely won million of hearts. She also became the youngest female individual to win an Olympic Silver medal representing India.
PV Sindhu Biography
PV Sindhu full name is Pusarla Venkata Sindhu who was born on 5 July 1995 in Hyderabad, India. Sindhu started playing Badminton at a very young age of eight. She completed her Studies from the St. Ann’s convent College of Women. The Olympic 2016 Silver Medalist was guided by Mehboob Ali at the badminton courts of Indian Railway Institute of Signal Engineering and Telecommunications in Secunderabad.
Later she got trained under Pullela Gopichand’s badminton academy. She has won several medals under Gopichand’s training. At the age of 13, Sindhu won the singles title at the Sub-juniors in Pondicherry. She also won the under-14 team gold medal at the 51st National School Games in India.
During Olympics games 2016, peoples were searching what is PV Sindhu’s caste? Well, the answer is that Sindhu’s caste is PedhaKapu. As PV Sindhu father is a PedhaKapu-Naidu from Eluru and Mother is a Kamma – Chowdary from Vijayawada. And as pHinduismism , generally father caste is passed on to daughter.
PV Sindhu Badminton Career
- PV Sindhu won a bronze medal at the 2009 Sub-Junior Asian Badminton Championships held in Colombo.
- The Right-handed Professional badminton star Sindhu won Silver Medal in the women’s singles at Iran Fajr International Badminton Challenge in 2010.
- She found a place in the national team at the 2010 Uber Cup.
- In the Denmark Open 2015 Sindhu reached the finals defeating three World Class players, namely Tai Tzu-ying, Wang Yihan and Carolina Marin.
- At the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold 2015, Sindhu defeated Japan’s Minatsu Mitani and conquered back to back women’s singles title
- It’s probably a dream come true for PV Sindhu when she won the most prestigious award of her life a Silver Medal at the Rio Olympics 2016 losing to Spanish International Carolina Marin
- Pusarla Venkata Sindhu received Padma Shri in 2015, which is the fourth highest civilian award of India.
- In 2014, PV Sindhu got the FICCI Breakthrough Sportsperson.
- In 2014, Sindhu also received NDTV Indian of the Year.
- In 2016, PV Sindhu received Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award after winning Silver Medal in Rio Olympic 2016.
PV Sindhu Net Income
The silver Olympian medalist, PV Sindhu has an estimated net worth of $1 million in the year 2016.