Indian Premier League (IPL) founded by BCCI Chairman Lalit Modi in 2007 is now the world’s most exciting cricket league. However, IPL is the Sixth most popular watched Sports League in the World currently. But do you know what is IPL Net Worth? If not then don’t worry because today we discuss on IPL total net worth in respect to its brand value and turnovers. Although as per the (BCCI) Board of Control for Cricket in India the 2015 IPL Season contributed US$182 million which is around 1,215 Crore INR ₹ to the GDP of the Indian economy.
Moreover, Since its inception Chennai Super Kings, Kolkata Knight Riders, and Mumbai Indians have dominated the League by winning the IPL Twice. Whereas Deccan Chargers, Rajasthan Royals, and Sunrisers Hyderabad have won it one time each . Check out the complete Indian Premier League winners list.
With 2 Season ban for Csk and RR, two new teams join the IPL 2016 season. Gujrat Lions and Rising Pune Spur Giants were the Brand new addition to the IPL League. Furthermore, CSK and RR will be back till 2018 IPL with its whole new Franchise.
(Indian Premier League) IPL Net Worth 2016
Don’t be Surprised as we present you the Information about the IPL Net Worth 2016 being the richest Cricket League of the World. BCCI Annual Report 2015-16 States that IPL’s Brand valuation is estimated around $4.5 billion which is 27,000 crores ₹ INR. Talking about the Statistics and how is the IPL Viewership dominance in India a recent survey of 2016 IPL tournament say that the League was watched by 52% of Indian households taking the tournament viewership to 361 million viewers.
How Much money does IPL make?
- The IPL brand valuation was done by the appraisal firm Duff & Phelps.
- Television impressions rating calculations as per Broadcast Audience Research Council of India states that IPL 2016 Season had 102 crores turnover.
- IPL 2015 Season helped Indian economy gain Rs 1,150 crore, more than 0.6 % of the country’s GDP.” As per the report by management consultancy firm KPMG.
- At the moment for the IPL Official Broadcasting rights the two television Giants Sony Pictures Network India (SPNI) and Star Sports Network to confront and spend above $4 billion for official broadcasting Rights.
- After the 2017 IPL Season, the Official Broadcasting contract of Sony Pictures Network India ends as they can now fight for the Official TV Rights and can Bid against the Broadcasting rivals Star Sports in the Broadcasting Auction.
- 20% of the Overall revenue every year is generated by its Official title sponsors who pays around INR 100 crore ₹ to the BCCI.