IPL 2018 Points Table: The 11 edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) will begin on 7 April 2018 and will conclude with final on 27th May 2018. The format of the tournament remains same for this season too where eight teams will battle for the 2018 IPL title. Here you will find the up-to-date IPL Points Table 2018 and match results information to know team’s points, total wins, losses along with net run rate and teams standings. [IPL 2018 Schedule | Teams Squads]
IPL 2018 Points Table, Team Standings & Results
|2||Chennai Super Kings|
|4||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|5||Kings XI Punjab|
|8||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
The eight teams who will compete in the IPL 2018 are Royal Challengers Bangalore, Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Indians, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Rajasthan Royals, Kolkata Knight Riders, Kings XI Punjab and Delhi Daredevils. Teams who will win the game will get two points and in a case of no result, both the teams will get one point. If a match is a level then Super Over will decide the winner of the match.
The league stage will feature total 56 matches and the top four teams will qualify for the play-off stage and the two teams will play the final being held in Mumbai on 27 May. It will be interesting to see which four teams go. The top two teams play against each other and the winner of that match goes directly to the final while the losing team get another chance to make it to the final. Let’s see the latest IPL 2018 points table.
IPL 2018 Points Table Ranking Method
- 2 points for each match won;
- 1 point per team taking part in any match with no result and any match which is tied (where it was not possible to complete a Super Over at the end of play or where the Super Over itself is tied);
- 1 point per team for any match involving such team which does not commence for any reason (other than where the reason for such non-commencement is a breach of the Operational Rules by one Franchisee which results in such Franchisee forfeiting such match); and
- 0 points for any match lost or forfeited.
- The team with the highest number in the IPL points table shall be at top while the team with the lowest shall be at the bottom.