IPL 2017 Points Table: In the previous match of IPL 10, Kolkata Knight Riders beat DD before after defeating Rising Pune Supergiants their home ground. RPS set a target of 183 runs against KKR which they chased down comfortably thanks to brilliant half- century by Uthappa and skipper Gambhir. Mumbai defeated GL to lead the points table with 16 points ahead of second placed KKR.
The 10 edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) started on 5th April 2017 and will conclude with final on 21st May. The format of the tournament remains same for this season too where eight teams will battle for the 2017 title. Here are the up-to-date IPL 2017 Points Table and match results which will provide information about team’s points, total wins, losses along with net run rate and teams standings. [IPL 2017 Schedule | Teams Squads]
IPL 2017 Points Table, Team Standings & Results
|Kolkata Knight Riders||10||7||3||0||0||14||+0.849|
|Rising Pune Supergiant||10||6||4||0||0||12||–0.179|
|Kings XI Punjab||9||4||5||0||0||8||+0.228|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore (E)||11||2||8||0||1||5||–1.441|
The eight teams who will compete in the IPL 2017 are Royal Challengers Bangalore, Rising Pune Supergiants, Mumbai Indians, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Gujarat Lions, Kolkata Knight Riders, Kings XI Punjab and Delhi Daredevils. Teams who will win the game will get two points and in a case of no result, both the teams will get one point. If a match is a level then Super Over will decide the winner of the match.
The league stage will feature total 56 matches and the top four teams will qualify for the play-off stage and the two teams will play the final being held in Hyderabad on 21 May. It will be interesting to see which four teams go. The top two teams play against each other and the winner of that match goes directly to the final while the losing team get another chance to make it to the final. Let’s see the latest IPL 2017 points table.
2017 IPL Points Table Ranking Method
- 2 points for each match won;
- 1 point per team taking part in any match with no result and any match which is tied (where it was not possible to complete a Super Over at the end of play or where the Super Over itself is tied);
- 1 point per team for any match involving such team which does not commence for any reason (other than where the reason for such non-commencement is a breach of the Operational Rules by one Franchisee which results in such Franchisee forfeiting such match); and
- 0 points for any match lost or forfeited.
- The team with the highest number in the IPL 2017 points table shall be at top while the team with the lowest shall be at the bottom.