Virat Kohli Biography: Wiki, Age, House, Family, Tattoos, Records & More: Indian cricket team leading batsman and Test Cricket skipper, Virat Kohli has achieved everything that one player dreams it in a very short span of time. He is considered as a superstar of the cricket and graph of success is moving towards up with every passing year. He is now more calm and matured who was earlier known for his aggression and abusive languages. He is new and fresh Virat Kohli who is leading team India from the front. Let’s see the Virat Kohli biography from childhood early life to winning the U-19 World Cup against South Africa to become Superstar of Indian cricket.
Virat Kohli Biography
Virat Kohli is playing for Indian cricket and considered as one of the best batsmen by many legends. He comes at no.3 to bat in international cricket while he opens in the Indian Premier League (IPL) where he plays for Royal Challengers Bangalore. Kohli made his One Day International (ODI) debut against Sri Lanka at the age of 19 in the year 2008 while his Test debut was against West Indies in 2011. He smashed his first international century against Sri Lanka where he made 107 at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. Virat Kohli has an estimated net worth of $46 Million (₹300 Crores).
Virat Kohli Birthday (Age) & Early Life
Virat Kohli was born on 5th November 1988 in Delhi, India into a Punjabi family and he is currently 27 years of age. His father name is Prem Kohli and mother is Saroj Kohli and has an elder brother and sister, Vikash and Bhavna respectively. He did his schooling from Vishal Bharti Public School and Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School. The West Delhi Cricket Academy was part of its first intake in cricket. Kohli’s father died due to brain stroke on 18 December 2006.
Kohli stepped into the first-class cricket at the age of 18 for Delhi against Karnataka in November 2006 and scored 10 runs. But he came into the spotlight in December he played against Karnataka on the day after his father’s death and scored 90. After that Kohli never looked behind and won the 2008 U/19 Cricket World Cup held in Malaysia as captain. He played many match winning innings for the team and lead from the front in most difficult situations.
Virat Kohli Family
Virat Kohli’s father, Prem Kohli was a criminal lawyer and his mother, Saroj Kohli is a housewife. Kohli has elder brother Vikash Kohli and an elder sister Bhavna.
Virat Kohli House
Earlier Kohli’s family was living in Meera bagh in West Delhi but in 2005, he shifted to his current house which is bungalow has an area of 500 yards and is situated in Punjabi bagh. Recently, Virat purchased a ‘Sky Bungalow’ in Mumbai, priced at Rs 34 Crore. The bungalow that is situated on the 34th floor and has a view of the sea. He will sift this luxurious house in 2018 after it’s fully ready.
Virat Kohli Tattoos
Virat Kohli loves tattoos and has made many tattoos on his body which is now part of his personality. Kohli has six tattoos on his left hand. He has tattoos of Lord Shiva meditating, a Japanese samurai warrior, his parents’ name in Hindi, Test and ODI cap numbers, God’s eye and ‘Om’ symbol.
Virat Kohli Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Virat Kohli has an account on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Facebook page name is ‘Virat Kohli’ while his twitter handle is @imVkohli and his Instagram is username is virat.kohli
Kohli’s Records and achievements
- Fastest century
- Fastest century by an Indian cricketer in ODIs in 52 balls
- Fastest Indian to reach 1,000 runs in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and third fastest in the world to reach 4,000 runs in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 5,000 runs in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 6,000 runs in ODIs
- Fastest in the world to reach 7,000 runs in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 10 centuries in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 15 centuries in ODIs
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to reach 20 centuries in ODIs
- Fastest in the world to reach 25 centuries in ODIs
- Fastest in the world to reach 1,000 runs in T20Is
- Second most number of fifty-plus scores while chasing in day/night ODIs (32 scores, only behind Tendulkar’s 34 50+ scores)
- Most runs in a calendar year / series
- Most ODI runs in 2010 by an Indian cricketer
- Most ODI runs in 2011 by any cricketer
- Most ODI runs in 2012 by an Indian cricketer
- Most ODI runs in 2013 by an Indian cricketer
- Most ODI runs in 2014 by an Indian cricketer
- Most Test runs in 2012 by an Indian cricketer
- Captaincy records
- First cricketer to score three centuries in his first three innings as Test captain
- First Indian Test captain to score a double hundred overseas.
- First Indian Test captain to score two double centuries.