Marc Marquez won the 2016 Argentina grand Prix and dominated the MotoGP weekend. Valentino Rossi finished second while Dani PEDROSA finished third.
The second MotoGP grand Prix of the season – Argentina MotoGP kicked off this weekend, 1st to 3rd April 2016 at the Autodromo Termas de Rio Hondo, Santiago del Estero, Argentina. Jorge Lorenzo starts the season as the defending MotoGP World Champion. Here is full 2016 Argentina MotoGP Highlights.
Ducati test rider Michele Pirro was replacing the injured Danilo Petrucci.
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 34m 13.628s
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 34m 21.307s
3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 34m 41.728s
4. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 34m 50.170s
5. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 34m 50.339s
6. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 34m 50.873s
7. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 34m 54.981s
8. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 35m 4.337s
9. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 35m 4.611s
10. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 35m 15.016s
11. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 35m 22.496s
12. Michele Pirro ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 35m 32.615s
13. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 35m 47.047s
Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) DNF
Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) DNF
Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) DNF
Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) DNF
Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) DNF
Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) DNF
Jack Miller AUS Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) DNF
Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) DNF
Blue Name = No Concessions.
7 engine changes for the season. Engines must be identical throughout season within same team (development freeze). 5 days of private testing.
Black Name = Concessions.
9 engine changes. No engine development freeze. Unlimited private testing.
Argentina MotoGP Grand Prix weekends starts with the first practice sessions on 01st April, this Friday like any other Grand Prix and qualifying race will be on 2nd April. MotoGP viewers can watch entire 2016 MotoGP live on BT Sports and TenSports (India).
Argentina MotoGP Highlights 2016
Watch video of 2016 Argentina MotoGP highlights.
Argentina MotoGP 2016
Below is the Argentina MotoGP 2016 schedule for this weekend where practice sessions will start on Friday at 15:00 UK time.
Friday, 01 April 2016
- MotGP – Practice 2 (15:00 UK)
- Moto3 – FP3 (16:00 UK)
- Moto2 – FP3 (16:55 UK)
- MotoGP – FP3 (17:55 UK)
Saturday, 02 April 2016
- Moto3 – Qualifying (15:00 UK)
- Moto2 – Qualifying (15:55 UK)
- MotoGP – Warm-up (16:55 UK)
- MotoGP – Qualifying (17:35 UK)
- MotoGP – Qualifying (18:00 UK)
Sunday, 03 April 2016
- Moto3 – Warm-up (12:50 UK)
- Moto2 – Warm-up (13:25 UK)
- MotoGP – Warm-up (14:00 UK)
- MotoG3 – RACE (15:00 UK)
- MotoG3 – RACE (16:20 UK)
- MotoGP – RACE (18:00 UK)
To view complete calendar of MotoGP 2016 – Click Here