Marc Marquez dominates in Texas, wins fourth-straight Grand Prix of The Americas. Jorge Lorenzo finished second with Andrea Iannone rounding out the podium in third.
Valentino Rossi crashed out of his first race since Aragon in 2014 with a front-end lose through Turn 2 on just the third lap.Watch full MotoGP of Americas highlights video below.
Three races in and Marquez, on 66 points, leads the championship by 21 from Lorenzo, while he is also double Rossi’s tally on 33. Marquez is now unbeaten at the Circuit of The Americas since MotoGP’s maiden visit in 2013.
The MotoGP World Championship now heads to Europe for the Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez on April 24.
Grand Prix of Americas 2016 – Results:
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 43m 57.945s
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 44m 4.052s
3. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 44m 8.892s
4. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 44m 16.367s
5. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 44m 18.656s
6. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 44m 26.906s
7. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 44m 30.057s
8. Michele Pirro ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 44m 30.702s
9. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 44m 32.537s
10. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 44m 38.156s
11. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 44m 43.368s
12. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 44m 45.072s
13. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 44m 45.371s
14. Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 44m 49.135s
15. Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 45m 10.874s
16. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 45m 17.197s
17. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 45m 25.981s
Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) DNF
Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) DNF
Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) DNF
Blue Name = No Concessions.
7 engine changes for the season. Engines must be identical throughout season within same team (development freeze). 5 days of private testing.
Black Name = Concessions.
9 engine changes. No engine development freeze. Unlimited private testing.
MotoGP of Americas Full Highlights Video:
Short Race Highlights:
The Circuit of the Americas (COTA) is a 5.5 km long and there are around 20 corners. The longest straight on this circuit is 1.2 km and it has the longest straight in whole season.
MotoGP of Americas Highlights 2016 & Results
Marquez won 2016 Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas in Austin, Texas on Sunday, 10th April. Above is MotoGP of Americas highlights full race video and winning images.