Valentino Rossi has won the Spanish Grand Prix in Jerez this Sunday. He dominated proceedings at Jerez and take the lead from start to finish in spite of getting a great response from Lorenzo and Marquez.
Jorge Lorenzo finished second while Marc Marquez made it third on the podium Now championship table is looking wide open as Rossi is few points behind Marquez.
2016 Grand Prix of Spain Full Race Replay Video:
Spanish MotoGP 2016 Results (Drivers)
1. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 45m 28.834s
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 45m 31.220s
3. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 45m 35.921s
4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 45m 39.185s
5. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 45m 42.977s
6. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 45m 45.606s
7. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 45m 55.111s
8. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 45m 59.584s
9. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 46m 1.159s
10. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 46m 1.458s
11. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 46m 7.331s
12. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 46m 8.503s
13. Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 46m 14.061s
14. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 46m 16.720s
15. Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 46m 16.822s
16. Michele Pirro ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 46m 18.248s
17. Jack Miller AUS Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 46m 18.347s
18. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 46m 22.168s
19. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 46m 34.389s
Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) DNF
Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) DNF
Blue Name = No Concessions.
7 engine changes for the season. Engines must be identical throughout season within same team (development freeze). 5 days of private testing.
Black Name = Concessions.
9 engine changes. No engine development freeze. Unlimited private testing.
Marc Marquez is on the top of the table in rider’s standing with 82 points while Jorge Lorenzo is second with 65 points and Valentino Rossi is third with 58 points after winning Spanish GP.
The next round of the MotoGP World Championship is at Le Mans in France.
The 2016 Spanish MotoGP will start from this weekend of 22 to 24 April 2016. The race will be held at the Circuito de Jerez, Jerez de la Frontera.
About Jerez circuit (Circuito de Jerez)
Built in 1986, Circuito de Jerez is a 4.4 km (2.751 mi) long circuit which has 5 left and 8 right corners and it is 11 m wide located to the city of Jerez de la Frontera, Spain. It is now one of the most popular MotoGP venues
Spanish MotoGP 2016 Highlights & Results
If you miss the Gran Premio Red Bull de España MotoGP race then you can visit here. We’ll update Spanish MotoGP 2016 highlights with full race replay video and photos.