The modern pentathlon event at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro is scheduled to take place from 19 to 20 August 2016 at Deodoro Aquatics Centre, Deodoro Stadium, and Youth Arena.
The 2016 Summer Olympics or popularly known as Rio 2016 due to take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil which is scheduled to take place from August 5 to August 21, 2016. More than 10,500 athletes from 206 countries are taking part in this Rio 2016. Modern pentathlon is one of the 28 sports which will be played in the Rio Olympics 2016.
Total thirty-six athletes will compete for in the men’s and women’s modern pentathlon events each. It contained five events which are pistol shooting, épée fencing, 200 m freestyle swimming, show jumping, and a 3.2 km cross-country run.
Below is the complete Rio Olympics 2016 – Modern Pentathlon schedule and fixtures.
Men’s and Women’s Modern Pentathlon Schedule – Rio 2016
18 August 2016(Thursday)
- Women’s fencing ranking round(6:30 pm)
- Men’s fencing ranking round(11:00 pm)
19 August 2016(Friday)
- Women’s swimming competition(6:30 pm)
- Women’s fencing bonus round(8:30 pm)
- Women’s riding and combined event(11:30 pm)
20 August 2016(Saturday)
- Men’s swimming(6:30 pm)
- Men’s fencing bonus round(8:30 pm)
- Men’s riding and combined event(11:30 pm)